In This Series
Life Hurts, Donut? (6)
Sunday, July 30, 2017
Pastor Ryan Foldhazi
Life Hurts, Donut?
Week 5 – Loneliness Hurts
There are “friends” who destroy each other,
but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24 NLT
The woman at the well: alone and lonely!
- Was by herself getting water at noon. (vs.6-7)
- Was surprised to be talked to by both a man and a Jew. (vs.9)
- Wanted to not be at the well alone. (vs.15)
- Had many failed relationships. (vs.17-18)
An encounter with Jesus changed everything!
- He knows your story. (vs.17-18)
- Her perspective was changed. (vs. 19)
- Jesus had answers to her questions. (vs.20-24)
- She saw Jesus as the Messiah. (vs.25-26)
You don’t find friends, you make them!
- She went to talk to people. (vs.28)
- Her encounter with Jesus changed a village. (vs.39-42)
A man who has friends must himself be friendly,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24 NKJV